Friday, July 21, 2006

Sell BA Boeing, roll PGR call down

Sell BA Boeing, sell the stock, buy back the Jul 80 call
I exit with a breakeven profit, one of those where the broker makes more than I do.

Roll down PGR call, buy back the Aug 27.5 sell the Aug 25 call

It is a tough market. After the big rally day, both BA and CAL looked like they would be called as they rallied well into the money. Then the rug got pulled out and I got out. The word of the day is frustrating. My secure thought is that in this tough market I am finding a way to ferret out small trading profits.

Earnings news dominates right now. There have been nice gainers, bombshells, and non-events.

For some measure of stability, I am looking at IWM Russell 2000 ETF because the options trade nicely with decent premiums (3-month-chart). IWM has given back all of its gains from the big rally day. I am also looking at HPQ today, as it declines in sympathy with the DELL news of a weaker PC market.

No comments: