Thursday, December 28, 2006

Nervous

I hear a blurb on the one-minute radio stock segment from some money manager saying there is nothing to worry about, that he is extremely bullish, that there is no reason to sell now. Investor's Intelligence also shows a high percentage of bulls. I also have this thought in my mind to buy calls. Me, the call seller wanting to buy calls. All of this makes me nervous.

Now, I've written many a time about how emotions can betray a trader (or an investor), and how they have often betrayed me. I'll stick to my knitting, meaning finding stocks where I can sell the calls, staying well diversified, and ruthlessly cutting my losses. This last bit is how I have survived in the markets as long as I have, while many a smarter and many a more nimble a trader has long since given up the ghost.

No comments: