Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Buy BRKB (sell puts)

Buy BRKB via selling Jul 60 puts BRKB @75.4. I placed a limit order yesterday, but didn't get filled. With the market rally, I get a nickel lower per contract today than yesterday's bid. Some traders prefer to place limit orders between the bid/ask or to just take the bid. I am already short BRKB Jun 60 puts, and those will almost certainly go off the board this Friday.

Stock market rally is stronger than I thought it would be. Being short volatility via the short strangles is a good place to be. GLD is holding up better than I thought too, as are treasury bonds. I thought that a strong stock market rally would have drained some of the risk premium from gold and bonds related to the Greece and Euro news cycle.

Long BRKB, GLD, SDS, SPY, TBT, TLT
SDS/SPY = short strangle on SPY
TBT/TLT = short strangle on TLT

No comments: