Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Buy IWM (sell puts)

Buy IWM via selling Aug 80 puts @96.3
IWM is the Russell 2000 ETF. I don't like this trade. However, with the recent option expiration, I am way underinvested. The folks at ShadowTrader (a live webcast on the ThinkorSwim platform) are talking about a 50% retracement. There isn't much out there. Liquidity is thin, with wide spreads on some other August options. The July 4 holiday is another factor for premium.

Gold remains a black hole. I am tempted to sell some way out August puts, but I would rather wait for GDX to show some strength before even doing that much. I am not selling my physical metal, and have avoided trading them. I am too slow moving a trader for fast moving markets. It is almost the same with bonds, it is moving too fast for me to train my sights.

Long APC BA BRKB IWM LGF NSC PG XOP XRT
Net long SPY

No comments: