Friday, August 16, 2013

16-1 for August, grade B+

Sixteen winners, one loser for the August option cycle. The one loser was part of a backratio, so really 15-0. SPY was down about 2% for the option month, and my trading account was near flat. Winners included short strangles on APC and LGF. All were small fish or worm size winners. My recent trades into GLD and GDX are working out. 

I am still staying away from bonds. All this talk of taper in a market where the Fed openly intervenes is a bit much. Technical levels may not matter. The stock market remains richly valued, but all the recent chatter about an 1987 style crash makes me think that any down turn will be contained at a 10% downside.

There is the romantic notion that I could have timed the highs and lows much better, but if I could do that, I wouldn't be using cautious hedging strategies. I'd go all in every time and own the world in a few years.

Long BRKB EMN GE GDX IWM KORS XRT
Net long APC BA GLD LGF SPY

No comments: