Saturday, July 26, 2014

Weekly: Back from my trip


Back from my trip. I didn't take my computer and didn't do any trading. I did check the markets from time to time. I got right back into the swing with an active day on Friday. Highlights include new positions in FB, SWK, VRSN.

Fri Sell FB strangles: 
Sell FB Aug 60 puts / Sell Aug 95 calls @75.5. Facebook broke out from a chart base on earnings yesterday. It is extended, so I sell a net long strangle.

Sell VRSN Sep 49 puts @56.0. New long position in VeriSign, an Internet services company. VRSN up on earnings and also added more money to stock buy back program.

Sell APC Sep 90 puts @109.6. I open a September position in Anadarko Petroleum, adding to longs.

Sell SWK Sep 82.5 puts @90.7. New long position in Stanley Black & Decker. SWK up on earnings.

Sell BRKB Sep 115 puts @127.4. Add to longs in Berkshire Hathaway.

Position summary:
long AIG AMGN ASH BRKB CMI DIS EWG FDX HON
long JWN MON MSFT SLB SWK TWX UNH VRSN XLU
Net-long APC DIS FB GLD IWM SPY

No comments: