Friday, February 20, 2015

Weekly: Goldilocks and the sad bears

It was a Goldilocks market for me, as all my short February options came in safe. Bears are sad and frustrated with new record highs in SPY. I'll post my monthly summary on Saturday. Here are the trades from the shortened trading week (Monday was a holiday):

Fri Turned into a bit of a wild day with news about Greece. I sold some weekly options for the first time in a very long time. I also bought some shares of HON to hedge my short calls.

Sell XOM Mar 95 c @89.4. 19 I rebalance short strangles in ExxonMobil.

Sell PANW MAR1w 122 p @142.0. Rebalance short strangles.
Sell AAPL MAR2w 118 p @129.0. Rebalance short strangles

Buy half a position in Honeywell shares @105.26 to offset short HON Mar 105 calls.

Thu Sell HON Mar 97.5 p @ 104.6. 39 I rebalance short strangles in Honeywell. I plan to buy shares on a close above 105.2, to offset short Mar 105 calls.

Sell PANW Mar 115 p @139.0. 65 I rebalance short stranges in Palo Alto Networks.

Wed Cover AAPL Feb 117 p @127.7. 01 I buy to close these Apple puts for a buck, to free up buying power. I place some limit orders, sell to open, and want a bit more wiggle room, just in case something strange happens before expiration this Friday.

No comments: