Saturday, July 16, 2016

Monthly: 66-19 Brexit whiplash, Grade C-

The Brexit dip then rally causes whiplash in my portfolio. Most of the bigger losses were on the call side as the market rallied sharply. I am now lagging all asset classes and indices. The minor bit of good news is that I am doing better than cash/money markets and still positive for the year. Still, it is a lackluster performance. The last week was particularly vexing as the market kept hitting new highs and I had to cover short positions most of the week.

Here is the etf round up, best to worst, dividends not included

SLV +45.7% silver
GLD +25.0% gold
TLT +14.8% U.S. 20 year treasury bonds

EEM +10.9% emerging markets
IWM +6.3% Russell 2000, U.S. small cap
SPY +5.9% S&P 500, U.S. large cap stocks

my trading account +3.4

Not good, but not terrible, mediocre is an accurate adjective. Onward, and upwards.

No comments: