Saturday, May 20, 2017

Monthly: Just Okay, 42 - 3, Grade B-

I rate this month of trading as just okay. I count 42 winners 3 losers. The losers were for big percentages. Overall, I was up a bit for the month.

Some etfs that I track, best to worst for calendar 2017:
EEM +17.5% Emerging markets equity
GLD +8.9% gold
 
SPY +6.6% S&P 500, U.S. large cap
SLV +5.5% silver
 
TLT +3.8% U.S. 20 year treasury bonds
IWM +0.9% Russell 2000, U.S. small cap

My trading account is +5.5% so I am lagging SPY, ahead of IWM. Gold and silver got a good start in 2017 but have been coming back to the pack. Emerging market equities continue to power ahead.

I expect relatively clear sailing until late September. As always, predictions are for entertainment, managing risk is where the money is made. My predictions tend to be as good as coin flips (not very good).

No comments: