Saturday, December 22, 2018

Shadow of the bear Grade F

Another short post. The market is kicking my butt. I lost count of winners and losers for the December cycle. A guess might be 90 winners, 25 losers. Easier to track is net liquidating value. I was down about 15 percent for the month. Same number for 2018 now. 

So the grade is F, failing. The good news, is that I didn’t double down into the trending decline. I am still standing, though wobbly. Biggest loser by far is Amazon, but many stocks contributed to the flood of red ink. One of my few winners is Tesla, which ironically was one of my biggest losers for the year after the 420 tweet, then smoke.

I told someone else that after a bad time, turtle mode is my preference. Get back to basics, don’t try to make the losses back quickly. The gambling mentality can turn minus 15 into minus 30 real quick.

Happy holidays to all.

No comments: