Sunday, July 21, 2019

Monthly: Boom boom boom, Grade A


Another up month for me, self-grade is A. There are always minor nits to pick, but up more than 7% for the month. Now up 34% for 2019. 

Here are a few etfs ytd, best to worst, dividends not included:

QQQ +23.9% Nasdaq 100, mostly tech stocks
SPY +18.9% S&P500 US large cap
IWM +14.9% Russell 2000 US small cap

GLD +10.9% gold
EEM +9.7% Emerging Market equities

TLT +8.4% US 20 year treasuries
SLV +4.5% silver

Gold moved up, IWM is now lagging. My account up over 34% ytd, so I am having a great year. All etfs on the list are up. Easy monetary policy tends to push up all boats.

I am now up for the year on Boeing. I did not get hurt by some of the big earnings movers. I currently have relatively large long positions in AMZN and DIS. I am cautiously bullish on most of the rest, short strangles with a slight bullish tilt.

The stock market sputtered after Netflix and Microsoft earnings. MSFT acted poorly, gapping higher, closing with a small gain.

No comments: