Friday, May 05, 2006

Buy ATK Alliant Tech Systems

Trade
Buy ATK on earnings, nice chart, valuation reasonable (stats).
Current holdings:
BAB British Air, hedged
PGR Progressive (auto insurance)
ATK Alliant Tech Systems (aerospace/defense)

Elsewhere, oil is up today. One of the more interesting things about the gold rally are days when oil is down and gold is up. Oil hasn't made much of push higher, while gold has continued to run. Gold has reached the target at $675. I exited my positions very early in this run and missed out on the bulk of the profits.

This isn't the first time that has happened and it is something I can look at. BA Boeing is another stock I sold in the early part of its up move, so it is not limited to metals. There are many other examples if I go back and look for them.

No comments: