Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Sell CTX (crap)

Trade

Exit CTX buy/write for a loss, buy back the call, sell the stock

The worst part is making a typo on the order screen that costs me an extra 18 cents or $18 on the execution. That is life, however, it is the first time I can remember making a mistake like that. Maybe there is another, but it would be many years back. The new software and the wanting to exit added to the possibility of mistakes.

CTX can not get out of its own way, with no bounce even on today's rally. Calling bottom is a difficult game, even with the margin of error of selling the in-the-money call. I am taking the loss and am out. Again, there is always a chance that my selling is near the bottom, however, each trade has a risk when going in, and this is all I can stomach for this one. Tomorrow is another day and I will live to see it. Holding on to losers can often mean a long ride down.

No comments: