Sunday, October 15, 2006

MCD, also selling my gold eagle set

MCD McDonalds reaches a record high on a good earnings report (chart). Readers may remember that I owned MCD. Mine got called away for a tiny profit.

Elsewhere, I am selling my 20th Anniversary Gold Eagle coin set. The curious can get some popcorn and see where my set goes for (link to auction). Issue price was $2610. The most recent average selling prices have right around $5000. I wish all my stock trades could be so profitable.

Looking ahead, earnings will continue to drive stocks higher or lower. Resistance on round numbers or previous highs are often good entry points for position traders looking to go long. The converse for shorters, support at round numbers or at previous ranges are often a stopping point along a bigger move.

No comments: