Friday, July 27, 2007

Days like this

That old 50s song, "momma told me there would be days like this," comes to mind.

Sometimes I wish I was one of those paper traders that reports their trades after the market action is history. On days like today, a person could make a theoretical ten times on their paper money. In the real world, only a few folks made money today, most lost money.

SHLD Sears-Kmart continues to slide. The puts I sold for more than a double in one day, doubled again from where I exited. That is not a good feeling. A better feeling is being 100% in cash in my trading account when the market gets hammered. Yes, some shorts made money hand over fist today. However, some of the big name stocks that have been leaders on the way up, such as AAPL, BIDU, CROX obliterated the shorts during this week of broad market declines.

No comments: