Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Break from blogging

My schedule is changing, so I will be blogging less frequently. I will still update on occasion, but perhaps instead of an average of four times a week, I will reduce down to twice a week, or at times once a week.

Looking back at the first ten months of 2007, it has been a mistake ridden year. My gains were smaller than my losses. I made so flat out stupid entries. The old buggaboos of greed and fear are ever present. I would like to believe that I am immune to emotions, but that would be a lie. I don't trade a mechanical system. I look at news, fundamentals, sentiment, technicals.

Overall my main trading account is down a bit for the year. Almost all of the year I have been underinvested, so the losses are small in terms of the available trading capital. The percentages are deeper in the red, when looking at the average amount invested vs. the dollar losses.
I am virtually at break even before commissions--it has been a decent year for the broker.

Like, I said, I'll still be around, but updates will be less frequent for the time being.

Positions: long GM hedged

No comments: