Monday, October 08, 2007

Motley Fool: Waiting for weakness

Kristin Graham at Motley Fool Investing (article) writes about a conversation with her father. Dad calls and wants to increase his equity exposure because the market is up 7% from its lows. Kristin counsels caution, and to wait for better prices.

>> from the article:
"But the market's going up ... and I'm missing out on gains," dad uttered these exact words to me, and I'm sure many of you have similar thoughts. It's a typical situation: The market starts recovering and embarks on an upswing. Everyone thinks it's time to get in. Sure, sometimes this is true -- but investors need to be wary at a time like this.
>>

Readers know that I often like to buy strength and sell weakness. Again, when I talk to people, I tell them there are a thousand ways to trade the market, find one that fits your personality, find one that works for you.

No comments: