Saturday, March 29, 2008

Hold on to your nuts :)

I heard a stock market pundit use this phrase, something like:

It is time to hold on to your nuts, like squirrels getting ready for winter, not a time to be aggressive.

For 2008, I have been making a fair number of trades, usually getting out with tiny profits at the first whiff of trouble. So far I am at break even for the year, only the broker is making money while I tread water. Yes, some folks are making money, however, far more are losing. It is a market that is very easy to trade in hindsight, not so easy in real time, with wide intraday swings, and more whipsaws than sustained moves.

I remind myself to stick to my knitting, meaning the kind of trades I do best on, instead of seeking the exotic, and high risk home run swings. I am back to flat with no trading positions.

No comments: