Monday, March 08, 2010

A couple of anniversaries

It is a year ago that the stock market bottomed. SPY is up about 70% from the lows. It is also about ten years ago that the Nasdaq topped out (chart). In 1999 QQQ had just started and was all the rage as it doubled from 50 to 100. Today QQQQ is 46, who knows if and when it will ever get to 100 again. Glancing at the long term QQQQ chart, it looks extremely bearish for the intermediate term.

Another anniversary that I let slip is this blog's fourth anniversary. I started posting in February 2006. Posting publicly as I make my trades, has helped clarify my thinking. It helps me see what is working for me, and what isn't. I always tell people that there are a hundred ways to make in the stock market. The key is to find one that suits your particular personality.

With that in mind, some readers might find the blog to be boring. I don't post every day. I average maybe a trade a week, with occasional long periods of no trading. Lately most of the trades tend to be low risk, low reward trades. My "gunslinger" days are long since gone.

Happy anniversary, one and all. Cheers.

Long GLD, TLT
net short SPY

No comments: