Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Boom! Stocks, gold explode higher

Strong rallies this morning in gold and stocks as both move thru minor resistance. I am long both GLD and SPY, but my trading positions remain small. A coffee shop buddy often asks how my stocks are doing, and if I made any money. I often reply, yes, I am making a little, and it never seems to be enough :).

Yesterday, I took a long look at shorting AMZN and selling a put backratio on AAPL (net long position with an explosion on a measured decline).

As I have mentioned before, I am not a spring chicken any more, so my gunslinging trading days are over. Most of my trades tend to be low risk, low reward, high probability. I may still take an occasion shot on a small position, but as with all longshots only a few will tend to come in.

No comments: