Saturday, December 03, 2011

V bottom

The stock market just had another V-shaped bottom. Supposedly these are rare, but that makes two V's in the past few months.

I was not, and tend not to be nimble enough to make money during fast moving markets.

Some other writers are noting the big daily movements, but very little actual movement year-to-date, or month-to-month.

Overall, I believe 2011 has been a difficult often frustrating year for many traders, myself included. Like the broad stock market, I am oscillating just slight above and below the break even mark for my trading account.

I'm sure there will be some blaring claims by a few who did well, because there were some exceptional moves. I'm not so sure that those making those claims have that much of a repeatability factor. As always I read any claims, especially those that don't have an audited track record, with a large grain of salt.

No comments: