Sunday, March 17, 2019

Monthly: Grade B-, Boeing down, market up

I lost a small amount this week mostly due to Boeing. For the trading month, I eek out a tiny gain. Self grade is B-. For the year I am up 16.8%. Compare to some etfs:

QQQ +15.6% Nasdaq 100 mostly tech
IWM +15.6% Russell 2000 US small cap

SPY +12.6% S&P 500 US large cap
EEM +10.3% Emerging market equities

GLD +1.4% gold
TLT +0.2% 20-year US treasuries
SLV -1.3% silver

So I am still holding my own, though the lead has shrunk. YTD, I lost about 3% of the account on various Boeing trades. Made a boat load on AMZN. The sharp rally had me rolling and closing to stsay near delta neutral. I have a slight bullish bias at the moment, but anything can happen. I don’t have anything remarkable to add. I’ll repeat rule number one:

Live to trade another day

I’ve been blogging a long time, trading much longer. While some see selling naked options as extremely risky, position sizing and taking losses have kept me in the game. Hopefully, I continue to learn and adapt as markets change. Happy Saint Patricks Day.

No comments: