Saturday, March 30, 2019

Weekly: Slightly Bullish

A good week for me, up more than 3%. Mostly I kept adjusting my positions, staying near staying near delta neutral on most underlyings. with a modest bullish skew. As volatility contracted, I profited.

Some newer positions: I took a small long position in TLT, also sold puts on LULU after earnings, sold a skewed strangle on KL. The big positions continue to be in AAPL AMZN BA QQQ SPY TSLA.
I have a bunch of other stuff, including DIS ETSY FB FDX NFLX NVDA PANW SPG W. Again, mostly short strangles, slight bullish skew on most.

I continue to be cautiously bullish. I am keeping some powder dry. A lot of pieces for a potential market top are in place. The inverted yield curve, transports weak, bank sector rolling over, valuations stretched, big IPOs coming to market. Its more than enough to be cautious.

As always, all in all out market timing is a low percentage game. Market tops occur with a relative maximum of buyers, so the majority of all in timers are likely to be wrong at the turns.

No comments: