Saturday, April 20, 2019

Monthly: the train keeps rolling Grade A-

Happy Easter. It was another up week for me. New longs include PEP QCOM. For the April trading month, I made about 5%, now up 23% for calendar 2019. So despite a few big loses such as BA, DIS, UNH my overall profit/loss is in good shape. Self grade is A- as the bull train keeps rolling for now.

A few etfs ytd:

IWM +21.5% Russell 2000 US small cap
QQQ +16.2% Nasdaq 100
SPY +16.0% S&P 500 US large cap

EEM +14.1% Emerging markets equity
TLT +1.1% US 20 year treasury bonds

GLD -0.7% gold
SLV -3.2% silver

So my gain of 23% is really good. Especially because I feel like I being relatively conservative. Biggest winners include Amazon, Tesla, biggest loser Boeing.

I remain relatively cautious. I have been buying some calls in the out months, as a way to offset some delta from sold calls on the front month. This decreases the profit from theta, but reduces tail risk vs. selling more puts to get to the delta I want.

No comments: