Sunday, September 15, 2019

Weekly: Hot Apple


Apple was all over the place this week, lower then higher, then lower. Overall, AAPL ran too hot and I covered layers of calls for minor losses. Overall, the market continued to climb higher. My account is near all time highs, with a modest gain. Bonds and gold had a sharp correction.

I continue to be cautious. I move more money into BSV Vanguard’s short term bond etf. Last year’s experience, where a decent gain for 2018, turned into a loss, is influence. Of course, more than a few people may feel the same, so an up market is more likely. I’ll be traveling for a bit, so updates may be even shorter, even more spotty.

I am likely going to change to monthly updates, because blog readership is down. It’s not as if I have a lot of exciting to say. Many people are looking for trade ideas, and most of my trades are not appropriate for beginners. My track record isn’t anything to brag about, even if 2019 has been a very good year for me.

No comments: