Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Yo-yo market and Student stock blog

I skipped making an entry yesterday, title might have been "not buying Bernanke," meaning to avoid buying that rally. So far this morning, the yo-yo market is on the way back down.

I stumbled on a student stock blog (link). Sometimes that "beginners mind," can give clarity, where a veteran has too many memories, too many scars to give a clear read. This is certainly an interesting time to be starting out in the stock market.

My own history is that I made my first few trades in the summer of 1987. Many will remember what happened in October 1987 (a big stock market crash). Those early days certainly have colored my thinking, and likely have made me much more cautious than someone who cut their teeth during roaring bull markets.

As for the market, it still seems a difficult one to trade for position traders such as myself.

No comments: