Friday, March 20, 2009

2-0-1 for March, Fed buying Treasuries

For the March option cycle: I have 2 winners, 0 losers, 1 breakeven profit (AZO).
The two winners are little minnows (DNA, ROH), but I will take them. I am slightly in the red for 2009, with a record of 2-2-1 (wins, losses, ties).

I am not sure what to make of the Federal Reserve buying Treasury bonds. I have heard some comments such as: "it's like moving money from one pocket to the other and saying you've doubled your money." I am known for letting the market talk and me listening. With that in mind the huge rally (biggest one day up move since 1962) in bonds is worth listening to.

We will see if the bond rally can hold, or will fade. If it is just a money shuffling scheme as some are saying, in theory, the market figures that out soon and bond prices will fall back.

No positions

No comments: