Friday, September 16, 2011

7-0 for September

I count seven winners, zero losers for the September cycle. A welcome positive month after some big losing months. The modest gains are not close to overcoming the monster losses I took earlier.

Best trade was a short SPY put backratio (short two Sep 105 puts, long one Sep 110 put). I closed two legs for a profit on 9/6 "Unwinding SPY positions", and the third short leg expired worthless. The bottom line is about a 300% profit, basis the initial credit. I also had short put winners in GLD, TLT, EWZ.

Going forward, I have complex positions in GLD, SPY, long delta, short theta. Short puts in PFF and layered short puts in TLT. Net long all those symbols, but delta is small, so exposure is small. I'll have less time for trading and blogging for a while, but I will continue as time permits.

No comments: