Sunday, December 20, 2015

35-5 for December, Grade A-


I count 35 winners, 5 losers for the December option cycle. I blundered into my biggest dollar winner, CMG assignment then selling on the first day of the option cycle. Some of the other winners include AMZN, DIS, FB (Amazon, Disney, Facebook). Some losers include LUV JBLU TSO (Southwest Airlines, JetBlue, Tesoro Petroleum). 
 
I was extra cautious this month. Given the volatile end to the option cycle, caution was a good thing. As the year winds down, I am up 11%+ in my trading account. Nothing to write home about, but I'll take that every year. As always, risk often correlates with reward. For a cautious trader, 11% is a good result.

I'm still too busy to be doing much deep thinking on the stock market. Sometimes overthinking is what gets me in trouble so being busy might be a blessing.
An early Merry Christmas to all. Cheers.

No comments: