Saturday, June 08, 2019

Weekly: Fed relief rally

The Federal Reserve rides to the rescue, causing a booming relief rally after six down week. The overall markets were up about 4% this week. My account up a little over 3%. My brief foray into buying puts, mostly ended up with losses. That is often the case when hedging via buying puts and the market doesn’t go down. I closed some short calls for losses to stay mostly delta positive on most underlyings.

Tesla and many other stocks had booming rallies off their lows. Overall the market ran a little too hot for my taste. Still, a 3% gain is good, even if I lagged the major indexes on this up move. BYND Beyond Meat soared after its earnings report. I played it very small, selling some way out of the money puts. When the market heats up and moves up quickly, delta neutral strategies aren’t the best place to be.

No comments: