Thursday, March 30, 2006

Astrology (seriously)

One thing I like about the markets is the even playing field. A person can have a MBA from a top school and be a lousy trader. On the other side, a person can use indicators that seemingly have nothing to do with the markets and do well. For this entry I am writing about two market astrologers, Henry Weingarten and Arch Crawford.

For the doubters, the proof is in the pudding, Crawford is rated #1 for gold timing by Timer Digest. I don't care what a person uses, if they are good, they are worth listening to.

Weingarten says "Hell is just ahead" for equities. Read more at this NY Sun article (link).

Crawford says there is a good chance for a major terrorist attack by mid-April and all that entails for the markets. Read more at this article in the Arizona Star (link).

No one, not even legendary market pundits are 100% right or even 90%. However, like I said, if someone has a proven track record, I listen. I accept what I think is reasonable, and leave the rest.

No comments: