Friday, March 03, 2006

Some Days

Some days the bear gets you. AMD dives after I buy, taking out my downside protection in a few hours. Some analysts are saying a price war with INTC may be in the offing. The high option premiums come with a price tag, and that is volatility. If a person is wrong, it can get ugly fast. The ironic thing is that INTC isn't down much and selling is worst in AMD than anywhere else in the tech sector.

Steel stocks up, as X (U. S. Steel) may bid for AKS (AK Steel).

DCX (Daimler-Chrysler) is interesting here, but I believe I can get in cheaper. They usually pay their entire annual dividend in April. Most U. S. stocks pay four quarterly dividends. GM (General Motors) is also nearing a price that I might get interested again.

Silver has another close above $10. Gold dips a bit.

No comments: