Monday, January 08, 2007

Gold (and silver), C and SNE

Clive Maund titles his article "Bottom Fishers Beware" (link). I tend to agree, mostly on the complacent attitude of the long term bulls. Not a one of them seems to be running
scared or talking about dumping their holdings. This means the correction has more to run, it may mean more time in this price range, or lower prices. Time sometimes is as good as price--it certainly is for option sellers.

C Citigroup and SNE Sony are two stocks on my current short list of candidates to buy. No one is going to get rich on either of these stocks. However, that is fine by me. To go back to a baseball analogy, I look for bunt singles or clean line drives with an occasional double down the line. I'm not a home run hitter. In the past, when I swing for the fences, I either strike out or lose patience and sell for a small profit.

There are a thousand ways to make money in the stock market, find one that suits your personality.

No comments: