Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sell GM, gold, LCC

Sell GM, buy back the call

Bank America analyst downgrades GM. I get out with a breakeven profit, living up to one of my rules:
-> Never let a profit turn into a loss.
That isn't set in stone for everyone, but I find it to work well for my trading style.

The stock market booms ahead, as oil turns lower. Gold's morning rally has turned into a route. The XAU is getting hammered as is the trading gold stock index ETF, GDX. I am tempted by the oils, but they have already lived up to making a new high when the commodity fails to make a new high.

I am close to pulling the trigger on LCC USAir, then it booms ahead. Best not to chase. As I wrote earlier, I expect more volatility for early January. I do not expect a smooth ride up, if up is the direction.

No comments: