Thursday, January 28, 2010

"Don't do anything stupid"

Lots of trades are tempting, then I remind myself that fast markets are not my friend, that I already have some exposure. The other voice tells me "don't do anything stupid." Yes, there are opportunities as markets are moving. The other side is that risk is escalating too.

The romantic view is buying the lows, selling the highs. The reality check is that scenario rarely happens for those trading real money in real time.

TM, NFLX are potential longs. I am tempted to do a SPY March bear spread to get net short SPY. For today the bearish SPY trade seems more of an emotional response than a well-thought out trade. On Tuesday, I placed an order for a SPY bear spread, but did not get filled, as the market moved lower.

Long SPY, GLD, TLT

No comments: