Monday, August 02, 2010

Buy IWM (sell puts)

Buy IWM via selling Aug 60 puts, IWM@66.1 (edit: correction made on typo that read 61.1 should be 66.1). This yet another rebalancing trade using IWM to balance off a short SDS put. I am already short IWM Aug 58 puts. The massive stock market rally has my SDS position basically at the strike price of 31, and net short SPY delta.

I see my choices as variations of: sit tight, cover SDS and take the loss, rebalance back to delta neutral, or take half of the half and rebalance and stay net short SPY delta. I pick the last choice, still net short SPY, but not as much as before this latest trade.

Bonds via TLT continue to be weak. GLD is stabilizing.

Long BRKB, GLD, IWM, SPY*, TLT*
SPY offset by SDS, net short SPY
TLT offset by TBT, net long TLT

No comments: