Friday, February 17, 2006

Apex Silver and Soros?

At the close
Some people on a Yahoo message board (link) are reporting that George Soros has taken a position in Apex Silver, SIL. Whatever the case, the stock is up over 10% today.

Most other mining shares have given back most of their gains. Gold and copper shares have fallen off the industry leader board. Going into a long weekend, this seems counter-intuitive, because there is the chance of a news event spiking gold higher by Tuesday. Financial news that might drive gold lower, usually happens during business hours not over a holiday weekend.

I can count my chickens as they come home to roost at the closing bell. AMZN, AMD, PIXR are called away (Amazon, Advanced Micro Devices, Pixar). The PDLI calls that I sold expire worthless (PDL Biopharma). I'll post more details about these closed trades over the weekend. I also have a small unhedged position in BA (Boeing) and the new purchase BAB (British Air) .

No comments: